Sunday, November 15, 2020

GIU Growing in Unity 2020 - Day One- So Excited to get a Turn!

Hey Crafty Crafters!

I am So Excited to get a turn to be a GIU- Growing in Unity Girl! :) It is a real honor to get the chance to share a few lines and a few images, about THE BEST Red Rubber Out There, Unity Stamp Company. Unity is a Made To Order stamp company, with the most incredible art that consistently turns my head! They currently feature four amazing monthly memberships and, not just a breathtaking inventory of designs to offer, but each month they have irresistible new releases. And, Unity carries a wonderful selection of crafty supplies as well. 

I am blessed to say that many years back, I had been subscribed to these two amazing membership- KOTM and also SMAK, which for about decade now have been loaded Each and Every Month with a plethora of beautifully designed stamps at an incredible value. 

Currently I am under the spell of the newest offerings on the membership front, the Whit Kit card kit, and the recently re-imagined Uniquely Unity by Ang Mag. Not that the other two memberships aren't also sweetly singing out my name....but I just cannot do them all at this time.

What is amazing about the monthly Whit Kit subscription is that Whitney curates these kits with GORGEOUS new Stamps and Paper, and then throws in other crafty goodies, so that you can try out new looks and new techniques, and the kit includes the needed tools and supplies to try them out right away. For me I think of this as Whitney helping me to spread my crafting wings. Here is an attempt I made with the April Whit Kit (Grow, Evolve, Transform). I LOVE Bees, and I love this sentiment, and felt so inspired by Echo's share on the Unity Blog that I tried it out for myself. 



I am showing 2 images of this card, because the flash from my camera effected the appearance of the Pinecone Versafine Clair Ink and the color of the cardstock as well as showing the reflective image of those FUN Gilding Flakes. For the flakes, I used a double sided tape like Echo had shown on my earlier takes with this fun design, but this time, I used a tape runner, and I ended up liking the textured effect. It reminds me of a honeycomb. :)

It is now the time of the year for the lottery, to have the chance to be a Growing In Unity guy or gal, I hope that you will think about trying it out. Even I can do it! :) Watch the GIU Facebook page for Kelli's announcement. Good Luck!

I'd love to hear from you, so please make a comment below to be in the drawing from all entries this weeks sweet treat from Unity, you may win one of two Unity grab bags. I Love to Win...Good Luck to you!  

I have an extra Oh, Deer and Gnome One Like You Unity Stamp set (freebies from the Brown Friday Sale) that I will be sending out, too, so please mention in your post on this daily blog post- Gnome One or Oh, Deer if either or both tickle your fancy, and I will pick a winner later in the week (USA only, please).

Thanks for stopping by, Have a Wonderful Day!

Linda Vigil



31 comments:

  1. Love your card and totally agree about the Whit Kit! I love mine!! Had not tried doing the gilding with tape runner and now I will be!! Thanks for the great tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda you were one of the Unity prize winners. Can you please check out the post on GIU Facebook page, and contact me via Facebook Messenger?

      Delete
  2. Love your card, I love bee's too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the symmetry in this card as well as the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, I am a fan of bees too

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too like bees, they are so necessary to our environment. Love the sentiment, it is a perfect choice for a card with bees. My order from Unity should arrive this week and it will include Oh Deer and Gnome One, so looking forward to getting this order.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling card! I love the bee/flower mix! The sentiment is perfect.

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards! Unity kits are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great card... I love the balance if the light & dark. I'm looking forward to your GIU week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your cards. They are so pretty and the gold is a beautiful accent! Gilding flakes are awesome. Looking forward to your week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! I have never used gilding flakes... that looks like a cool effect. I admire the Whit Kit but unfortunately they do not offer it for Canadians ... yet. I am also looking forward to all the other projects you will share this week!😊

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. I love the design and colors! #gnome one

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab start to your GIU week!! Love your card even tho I'm terrified of Bees! 😱 I haven't yet tried any of the Unity kits, but I've been REALLY REALLY wanting to do the KOTM now for years. I really just need to do it. 😁 And now Whit's Kit is also amazing. So many choices!! I love Unity. #ohdeer
    ❤️Doreen
    @whereisyourhappyplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully done!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card! Love how you put the background together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that paper! So pretty. And it's a lovely card, too. Great sentiment for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards! Looking forward to seeing your creativity this week. Gnome one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on being the GUI this week. Beautiful card. I love the way you used that beautiful paper!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card! A great pairing of designer paper. Gnome one like you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card. As to the two stamps... either is fine as money is tight right now and I can't order to get one, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bee-utiful!
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pretty. I have been a member of KOM for several years now and the SMAK off and on, but the Whit Kit is really tempting me.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really like the layout of this card. Very versatile! I love that you're offering up your extra freebies! I have them both as well and whoever gets them will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your cards. Love all of the Unity stamps you used. Looking forward to seeing what you create this week. Would love to receive the gnome.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a beautiful card and a great way to start off your week as girl in unity. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card. Great tips. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love, love, LOVE the card! 🌸🐝 So pretty! 🐝🌸

    ReplyDelete